Solutions for the food industry
Securing hygiene, profitability and operational reliability by means of climate conditioning
Hygiene, profitability, operational reliability
There is probably no other sector where these three factors are as closely intertwined with climate conditions and humidity as in the food industry.
Uncontrolled humidity causes
- Too high AW values (water activity) of food
- Condensation problems during the transportation of goods between different temperature zones e.g. cold storage and loading zone
- Hygiene problems during processing or worsened product characteristics
- Hygiene and condensation problems due to cleaning work, steam-jet work, in transport crate washing systems or bottle-washing
- Quality problems during storage and dry-keeping, e.g. spices or powders going lumpy
- Hygiene and condensation problems in slaughter areas, e.g. during the removal of bristles, cutting up meat and in flaming facilities
- Corrosion and increased maintenance effort on machines and buildings
- Accelerated damage to the building structure and higher heating costs due to reduced insulation values of the structural shell
Changed requirements for existing plants
It is beyond dispute that too high humidity values can cause diverse problems with raw materials and manufacturing processes, hence humidity control constitutes the decisive factor to guarantee ideal conditions for room climate and hygiene. However, it is also undisputed that – especially in the food industry – every business has its peculiarities, its own specific operational procedures, installations and facilities. Standard offers "off the rack" are no good and additional extravagant alterations of existing HVAC systems are ineligible not least for economic reasons.
If nothing else, changed manufacturing techniques or more complex logistic processes when storing and transporting necessitate a moisture management adapted to current requirements.
The solution: Trotec Condition Management for the food industry
Trotec Condition Management puts an end to uncontrolled humidity: Our dehumidification systems, which can be subsequently installed without difficulty, combine tailor-made dehumidification solutions with a high degree of flexibility and economic efficiency.
Upon request, we will readily produce tailor-made desiccant dehumidifiers as special models “made in Germany” perfectly geared to your needs, e.g.:
- TTR industrial desiccant dehumidifiers with hygienic design
- TTR industrial desiccant dehumidifiers for PWIS-free dry air
- TTR industrial desiccant dehumidifiers with extremely low dew point
Makes use of the possibility of having special models with tailored components for your individual needs planned, designed and manufactured in close consultation with our specialists.
Click here to find out more ...
Trotec products for the food industry