BA30WP hot-wire anemometer
Versatile anemometer as appSensor controlled via smartphone
The appSensor BA30WP is a hot-wire anemometer permitting measurements of air velocity, volumetric flow, air temperature and relative humidity when used in combination with the MultiMeasure Mobile app.
As thermal anemometer the BA30WP impresses with a high measurement sensitivity and hence particularly recommends itself for the precise determination even of low flow rates.
The measuring device is immediately ready for use, it can be connected to the app without the slightest effort and then displays all the measured values on the mobile terminal device. Owing to the clever combination of the appSensor and the appertaining, free MultiMeasure Mobile app users benefit from numerous practical advantages in terms of flexibility, analysis functions, data control and documentation.
Compare the determined data directly on your mobile terminal device or use the measured values for differentiated on-site analyses. The probe construction, steplessly adjustable in length, and a great number of useful features permit the BA30WP's universal application for many measuring tasks.
For instance, you can benefit from the logging function for long-term measurements, the chart representation of your measurement data or their export to a secondary analysis software as well as from the report generation function. E.g. for the efficiency control of household appliances, air-conditioning and ventilation systems or cooling fans in data processing sectors – its versatility and high measurement sensitivity render the BA30WP an ideal companion for flow rate measurements even at otherwise poorly accessible locations.
What is an appSensor?
Trotec appSensors are compact precision measuring devices with high-quality sensors. Designed in a way to save space and energy, they have neither display unit nor evaluation electronics – data analysis and operation are realized almost entirely by means of the connected smartphone. Combined with the free app MultiMeasure Mobile this measuring device concept offers many compelling advantages.
All of Trotec's appSensors offer the following advantages:
- Professional sensors for precise measuring results
- Foolproof connection of the app via Bluetooth with visual connection confirmation by means of an LED at the device
- Wireless control of the measuring devices and display of data via app
- Simple measured value detection even at remote locations since the values do not have to be read directly from the measuring device
- Additional determination and indication of minimum, maximum and average values
- Hold, logging and alarm functions
- Wrist strap for safe handling included in the scope of delivery
- Practice-optimized German industrial design – protected design patent
Why use appSensors? Aren't there a lot of measuring apps already?
Of course there are numerous apps using the electronic components integrated in smartphones, e.g. microphone, gyroscope or camera, for measurements and derived calculations. But these components haven't been designed for precise metrological inspections, instead mainly for an optimized application on a mobile device.
Hence, the obtained results are not in the least comparable with the results achieved by sensors specifically designed for measuring applications. Besides, your smartphone may not be equipped with the suitable electronic component for every measurement task, e.g. for contact moisture measurements or non-contact temperature measurements.
Trotec appSensors on the other hand house professional sensors for precise measuring results –which is just what they were made for. So, be smart and use the clever combination of appSensor and MultiMeasure Mobile – our free app available for both iOS and Android – to carry out professional measurements.
MultiMeasure Mobile – all of the app's advantages at one glance
To control this appSensor via smartphone, you first have to download MultiMeasure Mobile – a free app for the operation, evaluation and measured value indication of all the appSensors connected to your mobile device.
MultiMeasure Mobile has numerous advantages in store for you:
- Automatic identification of appSensors
- Simultaneous operation of several appSensors
- Quick and intuitive navigation
- Numerical measured value indication or else in form of a chart / matrix
- Integrated report function for the documentation directly on site
- PDA function for the organization of measurement data and documents
- Customer management already integrated
- Manifold analysis options directly in the app
- Storage of measured values linked to photos
- Matrix measurements, also linked to photos
- Complete data synchronization with MultiMeasure Professional via cloud
MultiMeasure Mobile turns your mobile terminal device into a multifunctional measurement data management tool.
All appSensors are automatically identified by the app and can be connected to and read by MultiMeasure Mobile using Bluetooth. The operation is as simple and intuitive as the installation: Simply download MultiMeasure Mobile for free onto your mobile device – click here to go to the iOS or Android download page.
BA30WP – A few practical benefits:
- Quick and easy measurement of air velocity, air temperature and air volume flow (CMM)
- Extendable telescopic probe of 375 mm
- High-quality sensor technology and numerous measuring functions
- Intelligent combination of appSensor and MultiMeasure Mobile app
- Automatic switch-off
|Air flow rate [m/s]|
|Min. measuring range [m/s]||0|
|Max. measuring range [m/s]||30|
|Air flow rate [mph]|
|Min. measuring range [mph]||0|
|Max. measuring range [mph]||67|
|Air flow rate [km/h]|
|Min. measuring range [km/h]||0|
|Max. measuring range [km/h]||108|
|Air flow rate [kn]|
|Min. measuring range [kn]||0|
|Max. measuring range [kn]||58|
|Air flow rate [ft/min]|
|Min. measuring range [ft/min]||0|
|Max. measuring range [ft/min]||5,900|
|Air temperature [°C]|
|Min. measuring range [°C]||-20|
|Max. measuring range [°C]||60|
|Genauigkeit - Temperatur (zusammengesetzt)||±0.8 °C (at -20 to 0 °C)
±0.5 °C (at 0 to 60°C)
|Air temperature [°F]|
|Min. measuring range [°F]||-4|
|Max. measuring range [°F]||140|
|Accuracy – relative humidity||±3.5 % RH (with 20 to 80 % RH)
± 5 % RH (with 0 to 20 % RH and 80 to 100 % RH)
|3 x 1.5 V, AAA|
|Operation - min. temperature [°C]||-20|
|Operation - max. temperature [°C]||50|
|Length (packaging excluded) [mm]||22|
|Width (packaging excluded) [mm]||36|
|Height (packaging excluded) [mm]||320|
|Length Telescopic probe [mm]||22|
|Width Telescopic probe [mm]||36|
|Height Telescopic probe [mm]||555|
|(packaging excluded) [kg]||0.122|
|Standard scope of delivery|
|Standard scope of delivery|
|Ascertainable measured values and functions|
|Relative humidity [%]|
|Wind speed [m/s]|
|Functions and features|
|Battery status indication|
|Minimum value display|
|Maximum value display|
|Average value display|
|Measured value hold function|
|Extendable telescopic probe|
|Indication in m/s, km/h, m³/min, ft/min, mph, kn|
|Long-term measurement function|
|Representation of measurement data as chart or table|
|Report generation function|