Particle counter PC220
10-in-1 environmental measuring device for air particle monitoring, gas detection and climate data logging
With the PC220 you have a versatile mobile environmental measuring device. It can be used to simultaneously detect not only the particle purity of the indoor air on six different size channels from 0.3 µm to 10 µm, but also gas concentrations of formaldehyde and carbon monoxide. It can further be deployed for determining climate data such as the air temperature, humidity, dew point temperature and wet-bulb temperature.
Moreover, due to the fact that the measuring device displays the particle masses directly as mass proportion in µg per m² of air, the PC220 is suitable for a quantitative determination of the concentration of airborne inhalable dust (PM10) and alveolar dust (PM2.5).
The standard equipment of this ISO-21501-4 compliant laser particle counter also includes an installed digital camera for documenting the measuring environment by means of photos and videos. The measurement data, date and time are also saved and indicated in both photos and videos to elucidate the measuring site.
The PC220 also comes with an integrated data logging function for non-stop measurements: up to 5,000 measurement records can be saved directly on the internal memory – which can be expanded additionally by up to 16 GB using a MicroSD card. After measuring, all detected data can be transmitted quickly and easily to a PC for the purpose of documentation or analysis via a USB interface.
Its numerous measuring functions make the PC220 an ideal solution for monitoring, securing and assessing the air quality in the application fields productivity, health and safety.
Integrated HCHO detector – ideal to analyse the risk posed by formaldehyde
Methanal – also known as formaldehyde – is the chemical precursor for many industrial products ranging from varnishes or paints to adhesives and binding agents, even preservatives. Many materials containing formaldehyde, e.g. wood-based materials, flooring or textiles, can contaminate the breathing air in closed rooms for a long time through outgassing.
Reclassified as carcinogenic
Owing to its particular toxicity the responsible organization in Germany adopted a new maximum allowable concentration (MAC) for formaldehyde; at the same time the substance was classified as carcinogenic in the European Chemicals Directive (CLP). This necessitates certain precautionary and protective measures. The reclassification is effective as of 01/01/2016 and entails new duties of documentation and information for employers such as the obligation to keep an exposure register.
PC220 for the precise detection of formaldehyde
The particle counter PC220 comes with an integrated HCHO detector which reliably detects formaldehyde concentrations of as low as 0.01 ppm in the room air.
Combined with the additional CO detector, the quantitative particle mass display conforming to PM standard and many further measuring functions for particle purity and room climate data, the PC220 is the ideal solution for detecting and documenting formaldehyde concentrations in the room air.
Quantitative detection of particulate emissions
PC220: digital display of particle masses
Quantitative statements regarding the particulate emission ratio for the assessment of potential health risks at the workplace are not only required according to applicable legal protective regulations.
To be measured are not only inhalable dust fractions, i.e. all dust particles with an aerodynamic diameter of less than 10 µm, but especially ultrafine alveolar particles, which are so minute that they can reach the pulmonary alveoli.
With the PC220 these dust fractions can be registered as PM10 and PM2.5 according to the PM standard; their percentage per cubic metre room air is indicated numerically on the colour display of the PC220.
The process is based on the customary international PM classification in categories as per United States Environmental Protection Agency: air particles are differentiated by their aerodynamic diameter of less than 10 micrometres (PM10) and 2.5 micrometres (PM2.5).
A few practical benefits:
- Particle counter with durable laser diode
- Conforms with ISO 21501-4
- 6 particle size channels from 0.3 to 10 μm
- Filter efficiency measurement
- Detects size fractions and concentrations of air particles
- Integrated gas detector for formaldehyde and carbon monoxide concentrations
- Direct conversion and display of the concentrations of inhalable and alveolar dust fractions contained in the room air stated in µg per m³ of air
- Also measures environmental climate parameters such as air temperature, humidity, dew point and wet-bulb temperature
- Data logger for 5,000 measurements on the internal memory (can be expanded with a MicroSD card)
- Integrated digital camera for photo and video documentation of the measured environment
- Additional colour indicator display with automatic acoustic alarm for the quick detection of critical particle concentrations
- 2.8-inch colour LCD display with background illumination to simultaneously display all measured parameters
- Ergonomic single-handed operation
- Tripod thread for non-stop measuring on a tripod
- PC measurement data export via USB interface
- Incl. calibration certificate (optional)
Particle counter PC220 – 10-in-1 environmental measuring device for measuring:
- particle purity of the air with 6 particle sizes at the same time ranging from 0.3 to 10 µm
- a quantitative concentration determination of E-dust (PM10) and A-dust (PM2.5) in the room air in µg per m³ of air
- formaldehyde concentrations in the air
- carbon monoxide concentrations in the air
- particulate mass conversion and indication of HCHO and CO in mg per m³ of air
- relative humidity
- air temperature
- dew point temperature
- wet-bulb temperature