Pipe detector SR-24
Professional pipe detector with GPS and Bluetooth
Innovative technology for effective measuring operations: The SeekTech SR-24 is an easy-to-handle precise pipe detector with GPS and Bluetooth for the quick localization of underground or concealed supply lines.
Even difficult pipe detections can be performed successfully using the SR-24. Owing to multi-directional antennas, guiding arrows and an easily legible map display this pipe detector leads you precisely to the pipe in question in next to no time.
Be it water or gas pipes, power or telecommunications lines, thanks to the special 3D antenna technology inductive and passive pipe detections can be performed with the SR-24 from every position and direction – regardless of the user’s location. This is an invaluable benefit especially in case of obstructions or on the road.
Even in case of a great number of subterranean supply lines in a confined space, the target line and its branch lines can be accurately distinguished from neighbouring lines by means of multiple active and advanced passive search modes with manifold predefined or individually adjustable search frequencies.
Including smartphone app for simple pipe mapping in real time
The pipes detected with the SR-24 can easily be mapped on your smartphone or tablet using RIDGIDtrax. The app is available free of charge for Android and iOS devices.
Once connected to the SR-24 via Bluetooth, your mobile device indicates the GPS position and depth of the respective line. It is possible to highlight the type of line (water, gas, power) or to display several pipes on the same map.
The completed map can be saved and viewed in the app or exported as KMZ file to be used with other GIS programmes.
A few practical benefits:
- Compact, light and easily operable professional system for quick and reliable pipe detection
- Integrated GPS for the evaluation of coordinates for mapping and GIS applications
- Bluetooth interface for wireless data transmission to mobile devices or high-precision GIS instruments as well as for the remote configuration of transmitter ST-33Q+
- Advanced 3D antenna technology
- All values at one glance – distance, position, signal strength
- Detects multiple lines
- High degree of flexibility due to several search modes
- Effective energy management enables long measuring operations
- User-defined frequencies – adjustable between 10 Hz and 35 kHz
- Including smartphone app for recording several tracks and waypoints as well as for exports for GIS applications
The optimum operation mode for every location task
The SR-24 detects electromagnetic fields emanated from underground objects. For this purpose, the detector can be used in different operating modes:
Passive pipe detection
In passive mode, the device looks for electromagnetic noise in subterranean supply lines. Electrical appliances radiate these signals to a certain degree off to power lines to which they are connected or else subterranean supply lines act as antennas for high-performance and low-frequency radio transmissions and reverberate these signals.
These current and radio frequencies can be passively received at an appropriate field strength an so enable the location of the corresponding supply line.
Active pipe detection
In this mode, energy is supplied for the supply line intended for routing and localization via a transmitter and the line is then actively located by use of the chosen frequency.
For the detection of a probe’s signal in non-conducting pipes, cables or tunnels, which cannot be located in any other way.
The camera system SeeSnake can f.i. be used for pipe inspection, there the FleXmitter transmitter integrated in the camera head can be located in its exact position using the SR-24. This combination is an especially effective and precise method for leak detection!
SeekTech transmitter ST-510
- variable power of 10 watts
- 27 frequencies (28 Hz, 1 kHz, 8 kHz, 33 kHz, 93 kHz and many more)
- LCD display immediately provides visual information on line resistance, current flow and power
- earth stake included in the scope of delivery
- supply lines of 4-m length
- 8 D cell batteries
- Can be connected to 230 V
SeekTech transmitter ST-33Q+
- a maximum of 10 watts
- powerful induction coil
- Bluetooth integrated – range of up to 183 m
- All frequency settings can be made directly on the SR-24 via Bluetooth
- With a direct connection you can program any desired frequency (max. 93 kHz)
- induction frequencies of 8 and 33 kHz
- LCD screen displays transmitted power, frequency and battery status
- 6 D-cell batteries, Li-ion battery (18 V) or 230 V power adapter optionally also available