Impulse Current Measuring System PD200
Complete set in a practical transport case for the pinpoint leak detection on sealing sheet systems and plastic covered objects.
As impulsive as effective – quick leak detection made easy
The impulse current measuring system PD200 is the ideal solution for the pinpoint location of grounded leaks in non-conducting sealing systems – e.g. bitumen, elastomer, PE-HD or other plastic sheets.
The PD200's weight and dimensions could once again be clearly reduced as opposed to its previous model. Consequently, the PD200 is not only 20 % lighter, it also takes up 30 % less volume in the case, which still holds the full set of PD200 accessories!
In addition to the ergonomic recessed handle integrated in the cover with an inner Grip-Clip for the best hold while carrying the PD200 is also provided with a lateral bar handle for transport.
Due to the user-friendly miniaturization and the transport bar handle providing additional mounting options for instance for ropes, the device can easily be carried onto the roof area even through bottlenecks such as safety ladders.
Despite the reduction in weight, the stability of the PD200 could also be improved once again by manufacturing the housing as a robust, aluminium-based lightweight construction.
Light, robust, versatile – the PD200 enables reliable leak detections of flat roofs, terraces, swimming pools, ponds or landfill liners …
With the compact pulse current measuring system PD200 one can carry out tightness tests and leak detections of various sealing sheet systems, e. g. in case of geotechnical applications such as landfill or tunnel construction and the construction of fire water and swimming ponds or retention reservoirs.
In the industrial construction sealing sheets of transfer sites, tank terminals or hall floor sealings for LAU and HBV systems with substances hazardous to water can be checked for tightness quickly and easily.
Whilst the needle on the pulse receiver’s display points in the direction of the leak, an attenuator enables the adjustment of the signal strength – a low attenuation value at a great distance quickly leads to the leakage area and upon approach can be increased in several stages for a more precise positioning.
Furthermore, the pulse generator promotes the quick leak detection by means of a green signal lamp and if required an additionally connectable acoustic signal transmitter. Both can be widely perceived across the roof from almost every angle.
Ground faults during installation work are indicated by the PD200 by means of an acoustic warning signal and a red warning light, in case of a short circuit the output signal is switched off automatically.
A circumferential protective bar made of steel ensures that signal lamp and warning light are protected against damages.
The PD200 is qualified for manifold possible applications:
- Ideal for pinpoint location of grounded leaks in non-conducting sealing systems
- Non-destructive inspection of foil and bitumen roofs
- Leak detection even in case of flat roofs with superimposed load (e.g. gravel fill, greening, paving etc.)
- Tightness test of hall floor sealing for LAU (storage, filling and handling of substances hazardous to water) and HBV (production, treatment and use of substances hazardous to water) systems (WHG – Water Resources Act)
PD200 standard package scope of delivery:
- 1 Pulse generator in transport case design
- 2 Pulse receiver with shoulder strap, incl. batteries
- 3 Two measuring rods, in three parts, each consisting of handle part 4 with rubber grip, extension piece 5 and measuring tip 6. All measuring rod elements are provided with screw connections for a quicker assembly. One handle part is additionally equipped with an integrated clamping spring to be used for uncoiling.
- 7 Connecting cable for loop
- 8 Reel with 200 m of loop wiring
- 9 Reel with 25 m of earth cable extension (red)
- 10 One measuring rod connection cable each in red and black
- 11 Gravel claw for a simplified laying of loop wiring under the gravel fill
The functional principle of the PD200's pulse current method
The PD200’s functional principle is based on the pulse current method where voltage is applied to the foil to be tested: a ring main is installed with the negative pole on the sealing surface and a grounding cable with the positive pole on the bottom side of the respective sealing sheet.
Surface moisture serves as conductor for the electric current applied via the pulse generator, the flow direction of which is captured by use of the measuring rods and indicates the direction to the leak position on the pulse receiver.
For the application of the PD200 it is irrelevant whether the sealing is gravelled or greened, the only thing that needs to be ensured is a sufficient drenching of the sealing sheet.
A few practical benefits:
- Professional quality “made in Germany” – originally produced by Trotec
- Quick leak detection thanks to additional, clearly visible signal lamp and acoustic signal generator connectable as needed
- Robust, splash-proof transport case design
- 20 % lighter than the previous model
- 30 % less volume with unchanged accessories
- Once again improved stability owing to robust, aluminium-based lightweight construction
- Can be easily transported even through bottlenecks such as safety ladders
- Integrated short-circuit test, e.g. to check suspension points
- Optional gravel claw for a simplified laying of loop wiring under the gravel fill
- Practice-optimised German industrial design — protected design patent
|Generator principle | Pulse current||Voltage generator|
|Type of protection|
|Internal (battery) - (receiver)|
|Input voltage [V/Hz] | Pulse current||220 – 240 V / 50 – 60 Hz|
|Length (packaging excluded) [mm]||265|
|Width (packaging excluded) [mm]||465|
|Height (packaging excluded) [mm]||253|
|(packaging excluded) [kg]||8.5|
|Standard scope of delivery|
|Standard scope of delivery|
|Pulse receiver and pulse current generator|
|Shoulder strap for pulse receiver|
|1 pair of measuring rods for pulse receiver|
|Connecting cable for loop (black)|
|Connecting cable for earthing (red)|
|Reel with 200 m of loop wiring|
|Reel with 25 m of earth cable extension (red)|
|Measuring rod connection cable red|
|Measuring rod connection cable black|
|Ascertainable measured values and functions|
|Functions and features|
|Acoustic signal transmitter|
|Visual signal transmitter|
|Acoustic alarm signal in the event of a short circuit|
|Automatic switch-off of the output signal in case of a short circuit|