Track construction work tent 250x180 KE-R with rail fixation
This assembly work tent comes with all the good attributes of the 180 KE – and has still more to offer: It was specifically designed for the requirements during track construction: Unparalleled in the industry is so far the innovative fixing solution directly on the railway track.
A track construction work tent must be better than a conventional assembly work tent in order to be admitted for track construction. The 250x180 KE-R, for instance, features a heat-resistant roof, welded processing and concealed zip fasteners, thus providing adequate protection against wind and rain. An important safety factor during welding work. With its qualities this track construction work tent impressed i.a. the French railway company SNCF.
Due to the welding work conducted at railway tracks a track construction tent also needs to be heat-resistant and preferably fire-proof because of the flame of the burner. Thus, the 250x180 KE-R comes equipped with a tent roof that is flame-retardant to a temperature of 500 degrees Celsius.
Fastening directly on the track
Most notably, though, such a work tent must enable one-man fastening within seconds, lest the airstream of passing trains should tear it way. For this purpose, Trotec has developed a rail fixation – simple and functional in equal measure: It is screwed to the rail and secures the work tent by use of tensioning ropes. A substantial advantage as compared to conventional fastening methods using rods underneath the track and similar complex solutions! After having thus been fastened to the track, the track construction work tent can be erected as typical quick-to-pitch tent in next to no time.
What else? Storm kit, special equipment and different sizes
In the category "track construction work tents" the Trotec range of products also features different sizes. Further available are special designs such as tents bearing the railway company's corporate design or a storm tent model with additional telescopic rods.
Whether on the construction site or for emergency services - you can also find all the relevant information about our work tents and privacy screens in the product brochure. Download the PDF directly here.
- Incl. rail fixation
- Dimensions: L 180 x W 250 x H 220 cm
- Standard colours: white/yellow
- Weight: tent approx. 23.8 kg, rail fixation approx. 3.5 kg
- Heat-resistant side walls and flame-retardant roof (up to 500 °C)
- 3 concealed rain-proof zip fasteners up front, door and rear wall can be folded up completely or in part
- 6 ventilation openings with rain protection
- 4 carrying handles for repositioning
- Grey reflective strips
- 2 air vents with grid and rain shelter cloth
- Incl. carry bag with 180 x 35 x 35 cm pack size
- Approval for the railway company SNCF since 2013
Practical benefits of the track construction work tent
- Designed for welding work in the track construction
- Flame-retardant special equipment
- Secure fastening directly on the track
- Quick one-man assembly and disassembly
- Perfect protection from rain, wind and cold due to welded processing
- Suitable for high-pressure cleaning
- Self-supporting construction
- Storm tent option available