Track construction work tent 180 KE-R with rail fixation
This welding tent comes with the same calibre and characteristics as the assembly work tent 180 KE. However, the "R" version was specifically designed for track construction: Unparalleled in the industry so far is the innovative fixing solution directly on the track.
A track construction work tent for welding work at the track superstructure has to withstand more than a conventional assembly work tent in order to be admitted for track construction. Therefore, as all Trotec track construction work tents marked with "R", the 180 KE-R, too, features a heat-resistant roof, welded processing and concealed zip fasteners. Hence, it provides adequate protection against wind and rain.
Heat-resistant material protects during welding work
In order to afford protection during welding at railway tracks, a track construction tent needs to be heat-resistant and preferably fire-proof because of the flame of the burner. Thus, the 180 KE-R, as all Trotec track construction work tents, comes equipped with a tent roof that is flame-retardant to a temperature of 500 degrees Celsius.
Fastening directly on the track in a matter of seconds
Most notably, though, such a work tent must enable one-man fastening within seconds, so that everyone else has their hands free. For this purpose, Trotec has developed a simple, yet highly functional rail fixation: The fastening is screwed to the rail and secures the track construction work tent by use of tensioning ropes. A substantial advantage as compared to other fastening methods using rods underneath the track and similar time-consuming solutions! After having been fastened in a trice using the rail fixation, the track construction work tent can be pitched in a few simple steps.
What else? Storm kit, special equipment and different sizes
In the category "track construction work tents" the Trotec range of products also features larger sizes. Further available are special designs such as tents bearing the railway company's corporate design or a storm tent model with additional telescopic rods.
Whether on the construction site or for emergency services - you can also find all the relevant information about our work tents and privacy screens in the product brochure. Download the PDF directly here.
- Incl. rail fixation
- Dimensions: L 180 x W 180 x H 200 cm
- Standard colours: white/yellow
- Weight: tent approx. 20 kg, rail fixation approx. 3.5 kg
- Heat-resistant side walls and flame-retardant roof (up to 500 °C)
- 3 concealed rain-proof zip fasteners up front, door and rear wall can be folded up completely or in part
- 6 ventilation openings with rain protection
- 4 carrying handles for repositioning
- Grey reflective strips
- 2 air vents with grid and rain shelter cloth
- Incl. carry bag with 180 x 35 x 35 cm pack size
Take a look at our track construction work tent category
- Click here to access our special designs
- Practical benefits of the track construction work tent
- Designed for welding work in the track construction
- Flame-retardant special equipment
- Secure fastening directly on the track
- Quick one-man assembly and disassembly
- Perfect protection from rain, wind and cold due to welded processing
- Suitable for high-pressure cleaning
- Self-supporting construction
- Storm tent option available