Hydrogen Leak Detector XRS 9012
The XRS 9012 represents the current technological progress in the development of practice-optimized hydrogen leak detectors.
This light, powerful and handy measuring device enables the quick, time- and cost-saving location of leaks. Leaks cannot be too small or too large, the XRS system will detect them quickly and precisely!
The concept of the XRS detection system is based on current findings from material and process engineering. Therefore, this measuring device has solid benefits on offer for the user as compared to other gas detectors. Further information can be found here...
Facts on trace gas:
When analysing the physical characteristics of gases relevant for leak detection, one quickly learns that hydrogen is way superior to other gases. Therefore, hydrogen is used as trace gas for leak detection with the XRS system. It is not only the lightest, but also the least expensive of all trace gases and completely safe, when used properly: namely diluted with nitrogen. For this reason, the XRS system uses a gas mixture of 5% hydrogen and 95% nitrogen. This environmentally sound mixture of gases is incombustible, non-toxic and not corrosive! Hydrogen and nitrogen are present in all organic systems. The natural hydrogen content in air amounts to 0.5 ppm.
A few practical benefits:
- Adjustable sensitivity level
- No saturation – even with gross leaks
- Quick recovery
- Automatic setting of zero
- No cross-sensitivity to other gases
- Ergonomic housing – carrying strap allows working with both hands
- Maintenance-free battery with short charging time and long lifetime, can also be charged in the car (12 V)
- Fault indicator
- Minimum/maximum measured value storage
Examples of application:
- Detection of pipe bursts / line breaks
- Telecommunication / power cable
- Flat roof leak detection
- Hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Containers, valves, boilers, heat exchangers
- Buildings and boats
- And many more...