Infrared heating panel TIH 650+
For the drying of brickwork in new buildings, clearing water damage or the renovation of old buildings
The professional infrared heating panel TIH 650+ is optimally suited for surface drying of walls in new buildings or after a water damage. Especially massive brickwork can be dried faster as compared to conventional dehumidification.
A prerequisite for an effective drying process is, however, a homogenous heat distribution over the entire area of the heating panel. Unlike conventional infrared heating panels, which often achieve only non-homogenous heat distribution, the innovative material mix used for the TIH 650+ ensures a perfectly consistent radiation performance over the entire surface of the heating panel, which is additionally insulated at the rear and thus ensures an optimal radiation directed at the object as well as maximum energy efficiency.
Up to three infrared heating panels can be combined quickly and stably for large-scale drying in batch mode.
Since the TIH 650+ works noiselessly and does not consume any oxygen, it can also be used in residential areas without difficulty.
The TIH 650+ impresses with a very consistent radiation performance over the entire area
Thermographic studies prove that conventional infrared heating panels often achieve an only inhomogeneous heat distribution, which cannot ensure a consistent surface drying. Furthermore, heating capacity frequently fluctuates with these models and the temperature especially at the heating elements is often far too high.
Extreme heat treatment can, however, result in grave consequences, especially for sensitive building materials. If, for example, gypsum building materials are excessively heated, crystallisation water desorbs, which can lead to a loss of the entire structural stability.
By contrast, the professional TIH infrared heating panel is characterized by constant temperature values and a very consistent radiation performance over the entire area. Heating capacity and wall distance of the TIH 650+ were assessed by the designers in a way that, even with gypsum building materials, there can be no material heating to structurally destabilising temperature ranges.
Flexibly adjustable professional system
The professional infrared heating panels can be used as needed either individually or collectively:
- Individual horizontal floor installation of the TIH 650+ by mounting the supplied feet.
- Individual vertical floor installation of the TIH 650+ by mounting the supplied feet.
- Floor installation of the TIH 650+ by mounting the supplied feet and installed on top: a stack of other devices connected by means of stacking handles.
- With the optionally available assembly support connection set and the set of assembly support fastening clamps the TIH 650+ can also be fastened to customary assembly supports to enable surface drying specifically directed at elevated areas.
Screwless foot construction
The compact feet of the TIH 650 can be attached to the heating plate without tools.
The previous screwed connection has been replaced by a spring bolt, which is captively integrated in the foot. It locks into place securely during installation and thus ensures a positive-fit connection with the heating panel. No additional tools are required for the assembly: Pull and remove or pull and attach – it’s that simple. To save space during transportation the feet can be placed in the designated holder on the panel’s heating side.
The feet are also useful aids for an optimal positioning. They are designed in such a way that when the feet touch the wall the optimum heating distance and efficiency is automatically ensured. Hence, a distance measuring prior to setup is not required.
Optionally available accessories
A few practical benefits:
- Professional quality “made in Germany” – originally produced by Trotec
- High-quality infrared heating panel with a genuine 650 watts of heating capacity
- Innovative materials enable a homogenous heat distribution over the entire area
- Rear insulation ensures maximum energy efficiency and optimal radiation directed at the object
- Highly efficient heating procedure with environmentally sound IR-C radiation for quick brickwork drying
- Heat transport via light waves – direct object heating without convective loss
- Clean warmth – no noise, no odour, no condensate, no oxygen consumption
- Can be stacked quickly and stably
- Robust aluminium composite construction with high torsional rigidity in maintenance-free Trotec quality
- Feet can be assembled without the need for tools
- Incorporated transport retainer for feet
- Integrated energy consumption meter (MID-compliant)*
* What does MID compliant mean?
The European Measuring Instruments Directive (MID) has replaced the existing rules of national approval and subse-quent calibration in some areas. As a result, all power meters, which are used for energy consumption billing, must be MID compliant in the future.
A few practical basics: Water transport mechanisms in mineral building materials
Porous, mineral building materials are traversed by a network of pores and capillaries of various types, sizes and forms, which are essential for water transport. Depending on the moisture content in the building material, water transport basically takes place in two different ways: diffusion and water current.
In case of diffusion, water vapour can flow through the entire pore space (1).
With increasing moisture content, a water film forms at the surface of larger pore spaces, smaller pore bottlenecks are already completely filled with water (2).
When the building material is supersaturated, there is so much water in the enhanced pore spaces that it can only be transported in form of current (3).
This liquid water transport phase is far more efficient than diffusion.
In consequence we can stipulate the following regarding the suitability of infrared heating panels for wall drying:
- Drying by means of infrared heating panels is only reasonable with building materials with a high porosity and well-formed capillary systems, e.g. bricks and some natural stones.
- In case of greatly compacted wall building material with closed structures or small capillaries (concrete), the application of infrared heating panels has no drying effect, because water transport is predominantly effected by diffusion.
- An efficient drying performance can only be achieved in the liquid phase. The moisture follows the heat flow only during this phase.
- When the water current breaks off with an increasing degree of drying, transport is progressively effected by means of diffusion. From this moment the application of infrared heating panels is of no importance to the drying progress!
Conclusion: For as long as liquid water transport in soaked building materials is effected by means of water current, infrared heating panels can help to speed up drying.
Infrared heating panels, however, cannot fully replace dehumidifiers to achieve an equilibrium moisture content in the building material!
Heat requirement calculation
In a few steps to the matching heating capacity. Calculate the heat demand required for heating our rooms – with our practical online calculator.
Practical knowledge guidebook – heating know-how for professional users
Benefit from first-hand manufacturer know-how: On our guidebook pages we’re providing you with some detailed information regarding the different types of heaters including a functional description, focuses of application and lots more.
This product complies with EU Regulation 2015/1188 Art. 3 II in combination with a thermostat and achieves an efficiency of 98%. Only use the device with a thermostat, such as the Trotec BN35 recommended by us. You can find more information about this in our operating instructions.
This product is only suitable for well-insulated rooms or for occasional use.
(EU Regulation 2015/1188 Article 3, Annex II b) II (2))
Trotec: Innovation made in Germany
Take a look behind the scenes: As one of the internationally leading manufacturers of air treatment solutions, Trotec offers industrial and commercial customers innovative products for air purification, dehumidification, heating, air conditioning and ventilation. We rely 100 % on research, development, design and production in Germany for our high-performance devices. For the highest quality requirements, sophisticated system solutions and fresh ideas.
|Mains connection||230 V, 50 Hz|
|Nominal current consumption [A]||2.1|
|Connection plug||CEE 7/7|
|Cable length [m]||3|
|Integrated operating hours counter|
|IP type of protection||IP44|
|Length (packaging excluded) [mm]||36|
|Width (packaging excluded) [mm]||1,370|
|Height (packaging excluded) [mm]||625|
|(packaging excluded) [kg]||10.7|